Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The New Times of Phoenix has interesting articles.

Here's one profiling the "postmodern" John McCain, a fascinating read.

And this is a heartbreaking one about a guy who was the Good Samaritan and called 911, and may end up going to jail for it. What the fuck is this country coming to??

I would LOVE a four-day work week. Three-day weekends would become four-day weekends. Four-day weekends would become five-day weekends!! OMG, where do I sign up?!

You know, I have to say that on Election Day, I will be voting for Barack Obama. However, I do like to be as fair about these things as possible, and even though I would never in a million years vote for McCain, I would for once like to read something POSITIVE about him. If I'm going to be posting negative links on here in regards to him, I don't want to be accused of being biased. But it's so hard to find anything good in the places I'm looking!! I usually browse articles from all over the web on digg.com, but like I said, I'm only seeing the negative. Can anyone help me out??

Dude, weird. Vampire bats killing people?!

Look at this. Another negative article about McCain!! Sigh. Just read on, Davi. But wait, why stop there?? Another one!! Srsly, at this point, something positive would be refreshing. It's not like it would change my vote, I'm just looking for a change of pace in my political browsing.

I should probably put in a quick disclaimer real quick: Yes, I am voting for Obama. But, no, I am not here to "endorse" him, that is, convince you, the reader, to vote for him. As a member of the military, I am not allowed to do that. And even if I were, I am not the person to do this because I am politically ignorant. It is only with this election that I'm coming out of my own personal Political Dark Age into a Political Renaissance. So, read the articles I post, feel free to post your own personal opinions on here, but please, do not quote me, or at the very least, don't quote me as an authority on the subject. Hence my disclaimer at the top and bottom of this page, which will continue to be the case even when I separate from the military (or go reserve, still undecided).

Okay, I just went to www.johnmccain.com, and what I'm seeing is ridiculous. An official "Obama Tire Gauge"?? The Obama Fan Club?! I was expecting policy highlights. Instead all I'm seeing is the garbage being spewed about Obama. He's taking that whole popularity/celebrity angle a little far. And as for ridiculing Obama for his remarks on keeping your tires properly inflated...AAA has verified that this does in fact help out with your fuel efficiency. In yo' face.

And so, the search for positive McCain highlights continues. Someone help!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For positive news about John McCain there is only one news source you can "trust", Fox News.

Pro-tip: If you do watch Fox News prepare for you eyes, ears and mouth to all vomit in unison.