Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do you know when 9-11 happened??

A conversation was started the other night, before events went south, concerning 9-11. Nick relayed to myself and The Boyfriend a conversation between himself and potential bed partner. Here it is, as best as my memory can conjure it:

"When did 9-11 happen??"

"I think in August. Yeah, August 4th."

"So why do they call in 9-11??"

"Because that's the number for the emergency line."

Needless to say, he was turned off. So Rich recalled asking the same question of a girl he was sorta seeing before I came along and snatched him out of singlehood. Once again, here it is as best as my memory will allow me to 'member:

"Do you know when 9-11 happened."

"Yeah."

"When??"

"Two thousand-three."

Can you tell me when 9-11 happened?? And why it's called 9-11??

1 comment:

Leslie said...

September 11, 2001. Time stood still. I learned of it at about 8:05 a.m. CST sitting in my car at the corner of Pflumm and 87th street, getting ready to turn north. I was listening to public radio. They still thought it was just a small plane and an accident.... Need more specifics? I can do the next several hours almost seond by second. I imagine I will be able to for the rest of my life.