Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Lost and confused...but slowly I am filled with hope.

My heart is a bit sore. The white flag is up. But negotiation terms have yet to be even touched upon. The words of a friend leave me confused and wondering.

A wicked combination released a Mr Hyde, and there was nothing I could do about it. I stitched up my wounds all by myself. When will they be acknowledged??

For a moment my world was turned upside down, and you were a stranger. You're back now, but my world has been left teetering on the brink. What am I to make of this??

If I were on the outside looking in, I know what my advice would be. However, I've never been good at taking my own advice and applying it to my life. But this is different. I'm on the inside looking around, and I have a different perspective from everyone else. I will not make excuses, but I can see the good and the bad. And I know on the deepest level that the good outweighs the bad in great numbers.

So I won't turn away. I'll stand my ground, and do what I can to shield you and those you love from the bad so that the good may prevail. I just hope you'll listen, I just hope you'll understand. I'm not here to change who you are. I'm not here to hold you back. Just sit right here next to me, let me take your hand in mine, and we'll work this out. Because nothing in this world means more to me than this. Nothing is worth fighting for more than this. I stumbled upon this by accident, and it was the best accident of my life.

We will talk, we will listen, we will get through this.

No comments: