Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Texas Roadhouse epic let-down.

Yesterday, Fiance treated me to a lovely lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I was trying to be frugal for his sake by ordering a cheeseburger, but he berated me for ordering a cheeseburger at a steakhouse. So I went with the prime rib, and was happy.

After getting home, I was laying down and letting my mind wander when my brain stumbled upon a memory from several years ago. The memory begins in the parking lot of a townhouse complex, where a friend of Fiance's lived before moving back to his home state. We were getting ready to leave, and for some reason I was trying to talk Fiance into going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We had not yet eaten there, and Fiance's friend chimed in. He told Fiance it was a great place, that he should take me, that we'd enjoy ourselves. Finally, Fiance relented. Yay!

We were driving down the highway a few minutes later, and visions of Filet Mignon were dancing in my head. There was the exit for Texas Roadhouse coming up! And...there it went...as we drove right by it. Startled, I turned to Fiance to alert him of his error. Completely unfazed, he told me, "Oh, we're not going there." Instead we went home. To some thrown-together meal soaked in tears and disappointment.

What sort of person am I, that my mind would focus on this memory shortly after being treated to a meal there? Whatever. We got a good laugh out of it yesterday.

No comments: