Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gym gripes, goal updates, etc.

First, an update on my goals.

  1. For now, lose 5 pounds. This will be updated at goals are met. Done. I gained a pound thanks to Super Bowl Sunday, but I'm confident it will be gone again before my next weigh-in. The next goal is 10 pounds.
  2. Do 20 push-ups in 1 minute. The minimum is 18, so this should get me an extra point.
  3. Do 40 sit-ups in 1 minute. The minimum is 36.
  4. Run a mile-and-a-half in 16:22 (the minimum) or less. Less would be nice, as I used to do it under 14 minutes when I was active duty.
  5. Rediscover the joy of fitness. Done. I love sweating, and running is less painful and more fun.
  6. Reestablish good eating habits. DONE!! I'm planning my meals a week ahead of time, buying only what I need for those meals, and grabbing a banana or munching on a fiber tablet when I get the munchies or hunger pangs between meals.
Now, gym gripes. It's gotten cold around here again, so I'm hitting the indoor track at the Health and Wellness Center (HAWC) on base. Now, there are two signs up there that tell you how many laps equals 1.5-mile; they also direct the slower people to use the inside lanes, and direct the runners to pass on the outside lanes. So I have a little difficulty understanding why a group of airmen are hogging the two outside lanes (there are three lanes total), forcing me to pass on the inside; I also don't understand why, when I'm walking on the inside lane, I'm sharing it with runners! It's like people read the signs, and think to themselves, "I'm going to do the exact opposite." It's a little frustrating. It'll be nice when it's warm outside again, and I can just run outside.

No comments: