Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sauteed Garlicky Spinach.

Another one from "Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes". (For the record, very few of these are 5 ingredients.) This makes 4 servings at 1 point each, but I only made 2 servings because I didn't have enough spinach. Just remember to keep an eye on that garlic, it can burn so easily.

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages (6 oz each) baby spinach
  • 3 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
I use my Garlic Slicer to slice my cloves.


Toss the garlic in on the left, place the piece on the right on top and twist and to slice.


Paper-thin slices, baby.

O, look, I take out a bowl and Simi thinks I'm gonna feed him.


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in garlic and cook until it starts browning, about 1 minute. Maybe less. Like I said, garlic can burn very easily.


What the...is he still waiting for food?!


Not happening.

Toss half the spinach into the pan and cook about 2 minutes, turning the spinach with tongs. I used my Bamboo Tongs.


Add the other half of the spinach and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve.


No comments: