Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ups and downs; embrace the good, face off with the bad.

Sir,

I would like to replace SrA Deviousness for this [assignment]. I have the [required] training already. To paraphrase a good movie "You want me on this [assignment], you need me on this [assignment]." What paperwork do I need to complete to replace The Deviousness on this mission?

//SIGNED//

The Greatest Supervisor of All Time

I'm not gonna lie. It's a weight off my shoulders if they take him up on this.

Now, let's switch gears here. I have a talent for royally screwing myself over from time to time. Underage drinking in the dorms, not paying my government credit card in time, etc. And it seems I've done it again.

A while back, I got my first ever speeding ticket. Oh, what a milestone. Well, the guy wrote a date on the ticket, 27 May, but I couldn't figure out whether that was the deadline for paying the ticket, or if I had to go court on that date. So, I decided to pay the ticket and not worry about the rest.

One slight problem: I forgot to pay it.

I got a letter in the mail the order stating that I had missed my court date, and that I had to show on 7 July, or a warrant would be issued for my arrest. So I'm thinking I was supposed to go to court and pay the ticket then. I wonder how much trouble I'm in??

Don't bother lecturing me. Don't bother calling me up and blistering my ears. I've kicked myself enough, thank you. I'm a big girl; I got myself in this mess, I'll get myself out of it on my own.

Then again...

DM called 'em up. See, on my ticket it never specified whether or not I was supposed to show for court. Also, and this is a tad frustrating, there's NO PHONE NUMBER anywhere on the ticket or the envelope given to me in case I have questions. DM looked up a number, made a call, and whomever he spoke to said just to drop off the money (late fee included) in the envelope into the mailbox at the courthouse, and I wouldn't have to worry about the court date.

See, I would have just gone to court. I have gained knowledge for future speeding tickets.

Much much later...

I don't know what to do for the fourth of joolie.

No comments: