Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Superheroes and cats.

Now, these are my kind of superheroes.


Today is destruction day in my office. I love destruction day; it relieves the stress of life. Basically, we take all the material that is no longer necessary, shred the paper material, and I get to beat the hell out of the plastic leftovers with my choice of hammer or hatchet. Today I was feeling the hammer. Oh, the joy.

As of yesterday afternoon, I am officially the crazy cat lady. I live alone in a two-bedroom with three cats. One bedroom for me, one bedroom for them. The apartment was listed as a one-bath, however these cats have made themselves a half-bath in the right-hand corner of my closet. I am attempting to get the situation under control before resorting to murder. Being the cat lady is one thing, but being the cat lady with a home that has the cat smell is unacceptable to me.

I was looking forward to being alone. But now I find it's...depressing. Ugh.

Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked last night; Tyger had the bright idea, two or three times during the night, to step on my face. Which I normally am fine with when the other two do it...but Tyger is still fully clawed. Ouch.

Twice yesterday I saved the same turtle from his/her impending doom when I pulled over to scoop him/her out of the road and return him/her to the lake. I did it in the morning as he/she was attempting to cross the road towards the apartments. When I went to Rich's after work, I saw him/her again, this time further out. This time my leg got soaked by his/her turtle water, yuck. But it was well worth it knowing that I had saved this daring turtle's life not once, but twice. I hope the ungrateful bastard stays in his/her lake.

I have had so much stuff on my mind lately, and it's really bringing me down. I wish I could empty my brain out, but I'm sure it would fill right back up again. I wish I had someone to talk to about all of it, but at the same time the last thing I wanna do is share any of this with the usual confidantes. A quandary indeed.

No comments: