Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Swai, baby.

I recently was introduced to the joy that is swai. This is a light, flaky white fish. A bartender at a local bar we've started hitting up told me about it, and scribbled down a recipe for me to try. It was DELICIOUS. I bought fillets without the bone or skin.

Needed:
Swai fillets
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Portobello mushrooms
Onion
Desired seasoning
Shredded parmesan (if desired)

Directions:
  1. Season fish fillets as desired. I used Old Bay on mine, Cavender's on his.
  2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  3. Brown the butter in a casserole dish. I assume now that she meant in the over; I did it in a pan and then poured it in.
  4. Saute mushrooms and onion.
  5. Place fish in the dish (ha) and cover with mushrooms and onions. 
  6. Cover and bake for 18-20 minutes.
  7. If desired, cover with parmesan cheese and broil an additional 3-5 minutes.
Also, I'm just now using the niftiness that is the recipe builder on the Weight Watchers site. So when I find a good recipe without the nutritional information, I just plug it in to get the PointsPlus value, and just adjust the ingredients as needed. Pretty sweet!

No comments: