Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

15-Minute Chicken Gumbo.

The Weight Watchers recipe I was initially going to use was a total bust. No flavor!! Ugh. So I improvised on the spot, and I'm very pleased with the results. I've already shared the modified version on the WW site. This yields 6 servings, at 5 points each. A sprinkle of fresh Parmesan makes this dish perfect.

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz frozen vegetables (The bag I used had peas, carrots, corn, and green beans.)
  • 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
  • 13.5 oz canned chicken
  • 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp Creole Rub (Pampered Chef)
  • 2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 Tsp dried oregano
  • 1 Tsp dried basil
  • 1 Tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. (I used a pot. Why? 'Cause I can.) Saute frozen vegetables over high heat for a 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
  2. Add flour and garlic, and continue to cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
  3. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, Creole Rub, oregano, basil, and salt. Cook over medium heat for 8 more minutes. 
  4. Devour. 


No comments: