This is from Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes. The book describes this as a "veggie-packed omelet". Haha...silly editors, tomato is a fruit! This is VERY filling, and yields 2 servings valued at 4 points each. (Sorry, no picture; I devoured it before I remembered to snap one.)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/8 Tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced seeded tomato (1 small)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat the pan with cooking spray. Add egg mixture, and cook until edges begin to set. Gently lift edges of egg mixture with a wide spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set; sprinkle with cheese. Spoon tomato over half of omelet; fold in half.
- Cut omelet in half crosswise, and slide on half onto each of 2 plates.