Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

That's not the kinda Christian I was raised to be.

Once upon a time, I was Catholic.

I was taken to church on Sundays, I went to Sunday school sporadically, and though never confirmed I did marry Ex in a Catholic church.

I was, once upon a time, a devout but imperfect Christian. Growing up, I questioned the tenets of my faith, the "facts" of the Bible. A lot of things didn't add up for me. But ultimately, it was the hypocrisy and intolerance of so-called Christians like Clint McCance that drove me away from established Christianity and towards a path of worship of my own choosing (neo-paganism is my flavor now).

A school board member, Mr McCance stated on his Facebook page that as far as he was concerned in regards to the recent Spirit Day, he'd wear purple when all the gays had killed themselves. Good for you, asshole.

As a Christian, I was taught that God loved all creation, sin or no sin. I read in the Bible about Jesus telling his followers to love not only their neighbors, but their enemies as well. Mr McCance, you are no Christian. Neither is anyone who hates or expresses intolerance for anyone who is different or follows a different set of rules.

No comments: