Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Twenty-four feels a lot like twenty-three.

The birthday wishes began to trickle in a couple of days ago on Facebook. Sister and Fiance wished me a happy birthday shortly after midnight in my time zone. My mother called me at SIX IN THE FUCKING AY-EM to sing Happy Birthday to me. I'm not entirely sure if I was coherent during that phone call. I only know it wasn't a dream because I checked my call list later when I was more conscious. Dearest Dee also called to sing to me, and then harass me once again about applying for a job at Best Buy, and to shut down any arguments I had against going out on the weekend for my birthday. I believe her exact words were, "...if I have to go over there and drag you out of your house...!" I'm a little scared now.

The cats are being particularly cute and rambunctious this morning, to the point where I must restrain myself from throwing them out a window.

This morning, in addition to the video camera I received from the Fiance last week, I found on my front porch two dozen roses, a teddy bear, a box of chocolate, and three bottles of lavender-scented bath essentials. I hope I can restrain myself from eating all the chocolate before the end of the day.

Also, I should note that for the health-conscious, you can still enjoy the recipe I posted the other day. Simply substitute ground turkey and turkey bacon for the ground beef and bacon, and use low fat American cheese.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Oaky ewwww turkey bacon.

healthy eating? What's that?

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday!