Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Out of reading material.

Damnit. Recently got hooked on The Looking Glass Wars, by Frank Beddor. Think of everything you've ever thought to be "true" concerning the story of a little girl named Alice who fell into a world known as Wonderland. Now but into a jar, seal the lead, and give it a good shake. Throw in a dash of "wtf," and what you have is the true story of Princess Alyss Heart of Wonderland. I read the first book in a day, and read the sequel Seeing Redd the next day. And now I have to wait until November for the friggin' sequel, damnit.

There have been a couple of *gulp* deadly blasts in the vicinity of the Fiance's workplace. The one that occurred today was at a different base, so he wasn't affected, but it was still the same city. There was one late last week that he actually felt in the room where they were having a meeting. It blew out the window in said room. He and his co-workers living outside the base are no longer allowed to walk to work, they have to be driven everywhere. The Taliban has claimed responsibility; they've promised to cause as much disruption as they can to the presidential and provincial elections coming up this week, in the hopes of discouraging Afghan citizens from heading to the polls.

There's no point in me freaking out. It accomplishes nothing. There's nothing I can do about any of this, so I just try to focus on positive things. At this moment he's sitting in his room playing Grand Theft Auto IV and cursing up a storm every time his character dies. And that's the way I like it.

Let me grab my coffee...ugh...

My room mate bought some clay last night, and she's working on a figurine of Maleficent for me, ha ha!! (For the ignorant, she is the baddest Disney villain ever, appearing in Sleeping Beauty.) I am making the boat that Jack Sparrow sails at the end of the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie, ha ha.

My birthday is in nine days. My going-away from work is tomorrow. The end.

No comments: