Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

And so the torment begins.

Today is Day One of THE DIET for myself and the Roomie. Roomie was under the impression that the reason I'd been losing weight lately (not including this past week...I've been naughty) is because for a week or so there, I was on a grits-only kick. She made this observation as I sat with her and her GF eating breakast. They were eating leftover Chinese; I was feasting on grits, toast, and two boiled eggs.

(And before you say anything...grits, when flavored just right, are DELICIOUS. I eat the instant grits, and mix in the following after heating it up: a drop of vanilla extract, a Tsp of sugar, 1/2 Tbsp of butter or margarine, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum!!)

So I was telling Mom about this on the phone, and she told me about this diet that she's used. I told Roomie about it and she got all excited about it. So we're gonna motivate each other and get this done.

Last night, for our "last meal", I decided to go all out...and I made THIS. It was heaven!! But there was sooo much food left!! Next time, I'm gonna skip on the broc-stalks and onions...not my cup of tea. For the cheese, I used Colby-Jack and Provologne. For meat, we browned some ground sausage...might throw in a bit more next time.

So, I had breakfast a little while ago. Half a grapefruit, a slice of toast with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter smeared on it, and a cup of tea. I'm not HUNGRY hungry...but my stomach feels odd with so little food in it. I'm used to massive breakfasts. The other day, I made a three-egg omelette. Inside I put two slices of ham, two slice of cheese, and a few strips of bacon. On top of that, I added some shredded cheese. Yummm...

See why I need this diet?? Ha ha.

No comments: