Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A delicious and unhealthy burger for the hungry fat person lurking in your belly.

Fry up some bacon. Set it aside on a plate covered with a paper towel; the paper towel absorbs some of the grease.

Take a pound of ground beef and season it with the following:

Salt
Freshly-ground black pepper
Oregano
Red Pepper flakes
Old Bay seasoning
Chopped/diced/minced garlic

Throw in one egg and mix it all together with your hands.

Make a large meatball in your hands, and flatten it. Make sure it's thin while raw; as it cooks, the circumference shrinks and the patty thickens.

Toss the patty in the pan to fry (or use a grill, whatever you preference). Flip it over; when it's close to being done, put your choice of sliced cheese on the patty so it melts a bit; I like to use both Swiss and American cheddar. If I have any one hand, just before putting down the sliced cheese, I'll sprinkle some freshly-grated Parmesan onto the patty, yum!!

Toast a hamburger bun; I've used sliced wheat bread when buns aren't available. Dress the bread as you see fit. I like to use A1; my room mate goes all out with ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard; on occasion, she'll even add jalapeno peppers and hot sauce on top of all that.

Place the patty on the bread, place the bacon on the patty, and voila!! A burger that isn't very healthy for you, but is nonetheless delicious.

For those who like spice, add more red pepper flakes as you see fit. Heck, throw in some onion powder if you want. What I've just given you is really my own personal preference, though my room mate and her girlfriend don't complain about it. Sometimes, instead of mixing garlic into the beef (or, hell, I'll just leave it be), I'll fry some chopped garlic and mix that in with the Parmesan under the sliced cheese.

Can you tell I like flavor??

1 comment:

Monica said...

Okay its 8 in the am and now you have me hungry for dinner.

Going shopping. Sounds like something MD will love. Thanks for the idea and recipe!