Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Quiet reflections as I soar through the clouds.

Well, I was actually sitting semi-comfortably on an airplane. Icarus, I am not.

I've come to realize that I am not particularly fond of myself. My flaws become more clear to me as each day passes. I see myself reflected in the eyes of those around me, and I don't like what I see, especially when I am under stress. I am petty, whiny, selfish. I snap and lash out at others. Despite my struggle to be a better person, I can see little beyond my own wants and needs.

No one is perfect...but some are closer than others, and I'm more of an "other" than "some".

How trivial it all seems, when I write it down here, express it all in a handful sentences. It does no justice to the hours I have spent pondering the person that I am. I do what I want, go my own way always, with little regard to how my actions affect those nearest and dearest. Oh, I know I'm not the only one like this, that I too have been affected in such a way, but that doesn't make it any less wrong in me.

And for the record, Chicago-O'Hare Airport SUCKS.

No comments: