Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

To-do list: revised.

This makes three posts today. I just can't quit!! *snorts a line of HTML*

Inspired by Leach last January, I wrote a to-do list of all the things I wanna do before I die. A bucket list, if you will. I am revising it; my last list comes off as being a bit...juvenile.

1. Take over the world.

2. Put B. Spears under 24-hour surveillance until she is capable of being a productive member of society.

3. Buy a pirate ship.

4. Build a time machine, go back in time, and sit on the grassy knoll for a great view of Johnny K's head shot.

5. Get adopted by Angelina Jolie.

6. Make deliberate exposure of underwear illegal.

7. Have Jack Bauer's babies.

8. Open up concentration camps for the obese.

Let me expound on that last one. The number of people in America who are obese has gone up at an alarming rate in recent years. If you're happy with they way you look and don't think you need to be skinny to be considered beautiful, then good for you for overcoming the usual insecurities and being so secure with your image. However...this does not make up for the fact that the lifestyle your are currently living is physically unhealthy. My grandfather died of complications with diabetes, and my mother told me a while back that she was pre-diabetic. Obesity can lead to bad cholesterol, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, and impotence in men. Many other ailments may occur as a result of obesity; check out the Wiki entry for more information. And then get your fat ass to fat camp so that you may live a longer, healthier life.

Goodness, this went from a ridiculous to-do list to a diatribe on obesity. I'll get back on track another time. I'm done for the day...hopefully.

No comments: