Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving thanks in 2012.

I am thankful for my mother, who gave me life; my father, who inspired me to serve my country; my sister, who isn't always a pain in my ass.
I am thankful for my boyfriend, Fjord, who is deployed for the next six months. I love him and I miss him, but I'm also proud of his service.
I am thankful for my friends, near and far; for my awesome roommates, the Ginger and her Princeling; for my Brother, who brought about the roommate situation; for my Redhead and all the others who have loved me and stood by me.
I am thankful for my relatively good health, my new job, my awesome new co-workers.
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the country that has given me everything.
I am thankful for the freedoms afforded to me as a citizen of this nation; the freedom to practice my chose faith, the freedom of speech, the freedom to pursue my education regardless of my gender, and the right to elect my leaders.
Now I just wanna say something. If you're able to get on the internet and post statuses about how much your life sucks, guess what? Your life doesn't actually suck. If you can afford an internet connection, you're clearly doing much better than those who are living on the street and having to stand in line at a soup kitchen to eat today. We all have our gripes and complaints, but don't forget to take a moment once in a while and appreciate your good fortune.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: