Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A nightmare featuring something never seen.

I was out for a stroll on a road. A man was jogging up ahead, and on the right I passed a homeless man dozing on the side of the road. I walked for another minute before looking back to find that the homeless man was up and now walking behind me. I could not see his face; his was looking down, and his long hair that hung past his shoulders was covering his face. This made me nervous, so I walked faster.

Suddenly he broke into a run. I tried calling out to the jogger ahead of me, but he did not seem to hear me. The homeless man caught up to me, then passed me, then started jogging backwards before me. He was looking up at me now, with an awful grin on his face.

I was terrified now, but suddenly the jogger appeared and engaged in fisticuffs with the homeless man. Now, bear in mind that this was all rather frightening within the nightmare. My REM cycle had no room for amusement. So the hilarity of what followed did not register until I was awake.

I realized the jogger was none other than Keanu Reeves. Perhaps you've heard of him? He appeared in this trilogy years ago in which his character is a metapher for Jesus and he saves mankind for a computer. Or something like that. Anywho, I was trying to figure out, as he wrestled the homeless man, why his face looked strange. It took me a minute, but I realized what was so wrong about him

He was angry...and expressing this emotion...with his face. His facial featured were arranged in a manner so as to convey aggression. It's a shame I can not clearly recall what this looked like, for I surely shall never see anything quite like this again.

No comments: