Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

What a way to end the week.

Update on yesterday's madness: I haven't heard another word on the bomb threat, it may just have been part of the exercise. As for the standoff...an officer took his wife hostage and barricaded himself in his home with a weapon. After five hours, emergency personnel broke into the home to find him dead from what appears to be a suicide. Today, our flags will be flown at half-mast for him. This man had no prior indications of being at risk for suicide. Which just goes to show you, just because someone appears to be fine doesn't mean they don't need someone to listen to them.

This morning at 4:36 AM, an earthquake struck here in the Midwest. It woke me up, and I was terrified. My first thought was, OMG it's an earthquake, but this was quickly dismissed. I did not know at the time that the Midwest lies on a fault line. I thought the building was shaking due to strong winds, and wondered if there was a tornado. But I didn't hear any sirens, and the shaking soon stopped, so I just went back to sleep. Rich slept through it all. I didn't even mention it while we were getting ready for PT this morning until Eric sent me a text asking me if I'd felt the earthquake. For more information, click here.

On a final note, according to SSgt Tucker, I smell like his grandmother. Not the nice smell that brings up pleasant memories from your childhood of weekends spent at her house. No, he means the smell she uses to cover up the decay. Eff you.

Update, 1037 CST: Another earthquake thirty minutes ago, apparently. More info on aftershocks here, but no update on this latest quake.

Update, 1049 CST: This is crazy, I can barely keep up. According to Fox News, there were two aftershocks prior to the one that occurred over half-hour ago, but USGS only reports one of those. Also, according to Leach, the mainstream media are fags, so go here and here and here for reliable info.

Update, 1125 CST: Random fact...today is the anniversary of the San Fran quake. Also, according to Latner, this is the end of the world and the Mayans were wrong.

No comments: