Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

The next step.

Well, in reality, it wouldn't be the next step. Because we've been there before, but then it was due to a lack of options at the time. And then we "stepped back" after a couple of months. Since then, however, I've kinda had one foot on each side of the line. Aside from all the baggage I bring and the fuzz balls I support, would it really be that big of a deal for me to plant both firmly on one side?? The side where he's waiting?? I guess not. And to be honest, I was thrilled when the offer was presented (in an oh-so-casual manner, as if giving me the option of going out or staying in for the night). I would love it more than anything. But there is all the baggage to consider (in the literal sense) and the damned fuzz balls that I will not compromise about.

Looks like he should do a bit more pondering, not me. Besides...I kinda want to put both feet back on my side of the line for a bit. I've never done this on my own. Never. The dorms DO NOT count. I want to try this out for a bit before taking that next step...again. And when I take that step, I want it to be something we do because we want to, not because of a lack of options.

However, I'm willing to forgo the whole I'm-a-big-girl-living-on-my-own phase...if he were to consider a bigger space. Just throwing it out there. =D

No comments: