Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Gotta love little misunderstandings.

I saw someone on FB yesterday say that the president had canceled his "vacation" to deal with the budget crisis. But, um, according to CNN [disclaimer: they can't agree on what they disagree on!]...it was a trip to promote clean energy. Sounds like work to me.

Others have commented on how the House, mostly controlled by the GOP, is trying to pass a bill that would cover funding for the Pentagon for the rest of the year, and that the Democrats are opposed to it. This makes the Democrats look like the bad guys. Don't they want at least a temporary resolution to all this? Again, according to CNN [same article], it's not the funding of the Pentagon they're opposed to...it's the goddamn policy riders attached to said bill! Including one that would slash funding for Planned Parenthood!!

Um, yeah, I'd vote against that, too!! I was just at Planned Parenthood a few days ago, where for $123, I received the following: testing for HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis (not that I believe I have any of that, but better to be safe than sorry); the first of my Gardasil shots for four different types of HPV; and four months worth of birth control. So that my unemployed ass doesn't end up with a disease or a kid to support that would put me on welfare, costing the government even more money. Donate to Planned Parenthood today!!

How many times have politicians been the bad guy for voting against bills that everyone else is all for? Too many times to count, and why? Because it's not the main topic of the bills that they're necessarily opposed to; it's all the attached, non-related crap that they're voting against!

Gawd...DAMMIT.

No comments: