Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

O, what a morning I've had, and it's not even 8 AM.

An acquaintance volunteered to drive me to the airport this morning. I wanted to leave at 0400; my flight was at 0600. 0400 came and went with no call or text from the individual. I waited as long as I could, threw my luggage in my car, and hauled ass to the airport.

I was running short on time, so I was forced to park in the closest (and priciest) longterm parking lot. I made it to check-in with ten minutes to spare. It was seven minutes, though, before I realized I was at the wrong airline. So I dashed over fo the right one...

...and was told that because my company had failed to ticket my reservation over two weeks ago, the reservation had been cancelled.

I have been to Puerto Rico twice in the past ten years. When I was requested, by name, for this work trip, I was ecstatic. I booked my flight to leave two days early so that I could spend the weekend with family.

Naturally, I am disappointed to the point of tears. It's not been an easy week for me. I was really looking forward to this trip, hoping a little time under the sun eating delicious Puerto Rican food and seeing my grandmother and cousins would lift my spirits a little.

Whatever.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: