Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Creeping Chrysler.

I exited Wal Mart in my cute heels, cute skirt, and cute shirt, all dolled up because of TAP class this week. I was wearing a jacket earlier, but didn't feel like wearing it to Wal Mart, wear I went to get a manicure and pedicure. Yeah, I get my nails done at Wal Mart. They did a great job for a great price, so bite me.

But I digress.

I exited Wal Mart and strolled towards my car in my cute heels. I passed a Chrysler luxury sedan sitting in the cross walk. The kind that I always mistake for a Cadillac if I don't see the Chrysler emblem.

I arrived at my car and dug around for keys in my ginormous black hole of a purse. As I did this, the same Chrysler pulled into the parking spot next to me. My subconscious made note of this. I hopped into my car, and the driver's side window of the Chrysler rolled down, revealing an attractive and well-dressed man who appeared to be in his late twenties. He waved at me to roll my window down, so I did, assuming he was looking for directions or something.

"You have nice shoes." Huh??

"Oh, thanks."

"What's your name?" Oh, jeezus.

Hesitation. "Davi."

He laughs. "Are you lying to me?"

"No, my name is Davi."

"Are you married, Davi?"

I laugh nervously. "I'm engaged."

"Oh, congratulations."

Half-grin. "Thanks."

"You have a nice smile."

"Thanks."

He rolled his window up and drove away. I sat there, flabbergasted that this individual had followed me across the parking lot to compliment me on my shoes and enquire after my marital status. And what is hilarious to me is, I have seen this guy before. True story. I KNOW I have seen him around the base. Weeeeiiiiiird.

And that is my strange encounter for the week.

No comments: