Pages

Friday, February 9, 2007

Bottoms up, mates!!

When I left the states, it was a certainty that I would remain faithful to my husband of nearly two years. I love him, and nothing can ever change that.

However, temptation has come knocking, and I have succumbed. I have a lover. This lover is so sweet, so intoxicating. My lover is called sangria.

Oh, I'm a foooool for yoooouuuu, you know it's truuuuuuue, can't get enough of yoooooouuuuu...

In one week's time, I have become an alcoholic and a chain smoker. I totally blame Shane for this. *shakes fist*

I miss my friends.

I miss home in general. Not the weather, mind you. I haven't comletely lost my mind. But I miss home. Husband, cats, house, friends, IHOP. I miss it.

But I am having a blast out here, I'll admit it, even if I'm still not getting quite as much sleep as I'd like. But it's fun, and I am determined to make the most of this. This may very well be my only trip to the Middle East for life, and I'll be damned if I spend the whole time moping around.

I'm so lucky to have made such cool friends so quickly. Marquez and Shane are the awesome, and it's good to have two strong men to ward off the desperate army guys and make sure my drunk ass passes out in the comfort of my prison cell. Though I honestly believe they only hang around for the amusement of seeing me slurring my words and being silly as hell. Ah, well.

And I'm finally eating normal again. Thank God.

*sigh* I am the Dread Pirate Davi, and I miss my fellow pirate hearties. Ar.

No comments: