Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not what I expected.

My life is nothing close to what I thought it would be 10 years ago, when I left the longest relationship I'd been in to date and looked ahead to a future that was dark with uncertainty but bright with hope. The cycle repeats itself, and a series of chance happenings have come together to make my life very interesting right now.
Where would I be right now if I hadn't take Brother hostage one afternoon after an IHOP trip, rather than letting him go home to be productive? That led to us making an unannounced visit to the Ginger, where without warning Brother asked her, "Do you want a roommate?"
What would I be doing right now if I hadn't been listening when Sir Haggis said one night early last month, "Don't be a stranger!"? I was leaving a mutual friend's going away, where I really spoke to Fjord for the first time. I suddenly had people to hang out with again.
Now Ginger and Sir Haggis are an item. Sir Haggis is crazy about the princeling; it is awesome to see him play with Haggis and Fjord and Apple-cheeks. As for Fjord and myself...the future is dark with uncertainty, but o so very bright with hope.
Clearly I was wrong 10 years ago where my path was leading me. So I will not presume to guess again. But wherever I'm headed...bring it on, baby.

No comments: