Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

HE bought the booze. I did not ask for it.

Today I chose to patronize the local Bread Co for my midday meal. I was joined by Brother Leach, Canuck of the North, and RG (minus his stolen vespa). RG and Leach had not met prior. RG asked how Leach and I knew each other. At first, we joked.

L: We don't.
D: No, we don't. After six and a half years, I don't know you at all.

We are so silly sometimes.

L: She helped me get my Article 15*.
D: Well, you helped me get an LOR**!!
L:...true.
D: And you bought the booze. I did not ask for it.

And that is the very-detailed and thoroughly-explained story of how the dynamic duo of Almight Davi and her Chariot Master met and adopted each other.

Disclaimer: That's not really the whole story. Maybe I'll go into detail...another time.

* Article 15 - An article of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. It is non-judicial punishment handed down by one's commander, and is the highest form of punishment without being court-martialed or going to jail. It follows you around for the rest of your military career.
*LOR - Short of Letter of Reprimand, it is a written memorandum that is one step down from an Article 15, and remains in your personnel file for a year before being shredded. While it is in your file, it can have an impact on performance reports, awards, and promotions.

No comments: