Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lunch adventures with Boozer.

So last Tuesday I ran out for a lunch run and a quick errand with one that I shall dub Boozer, because The Man With Two Middle Names is just too much. Anyhow, I had to go to the other end of the city to pay my traffic ticket at the court house. I was just passing E on my gas meter and had forgotten to gas up before leaving the base (where I could have used my handy dandy Star Card instead of having to go through the hassle of transferring money to my checking account). Well, Boozer wanted to run into Wal-Mart to buy the new Bond movie, so I dropped him off and went across the highway. I transferred the money on my cell phone, and went to gas up.

But my card was denied. Hm. Whatever, I'm not gonna sit here all day trying to figure this out, we've already been gone from work for quite a while. And it wouldn't be the first time I've driven around on E. We're only a few miles from the base. So I pick him up and we go to pick up some Jimmy John's (FREAKY FAST). He is convinced that I will run out of gas, and I think he's crazy. See where this is going.

So we're driving down the highway, and as we begin to slow down for the stop sign up ahead, I realize my car is slowing down a little too fast. I press on the gas, and nothing happens. I press harder, and still nothing happens. And this is where I begin to panic and where Boozer starts laughing at me and telling me he told me so.

Now we're stopped at the stop signing, having to wave people around us. I put the car into neutral while he gets out to push, but my steering wheel is stuck. So I look at my key, turn it a couple of times, and...lo and behold, the car is running again!!

Boozer is back in the car, we make our left turn and head towards the gate, and he sits there with his fingers crossed, hoping and praying and pleading with the powers that be that my car stalls again once we get to the gate. Ugh.

We make it back to work just fine, thank you very much, and we both agree that this is definitely the second best lunch adventure ever for both of us.

No comments: