Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fourth graders are pretty goddamn smart.

I was tutoring the usual kid, a bad ass little girl that I shall call Mary. Today, a little girl I shall call Katie joined us, because her tutor totally bailed. I had brought some candy with, because Mary's parents believe Halloween is The Devil. The two girls bickered over the a piece of really hot gum, and Katie won it. So I promised Mary one, and she immediately began an epic argument about this piece of gum being similar to that one, or that piece of gum not being in the same family of gum. I told her the gum I would be giving her was chewing gum, as opposed to bubble gum, because it doesn't blow bubbles. And she said...

"Then make it make bubbles, add some dishwasher liquid."

Jesus H Christ, why didn't I ever think of that?!

No comments: