Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Piecing this back together.

When you truly love someone, you never completely stop loving them. In the deepest part of your heart, the embers of that love still glow ever-so-faintly.

There's nothing wrong with that. It means that, once upon a time, you and that person were happy together, and it's the good memories that cause those embers to glow.

When I love someone, I give them my heart. I don't half-ass it, I go all in. The problem I have when reclaiming my heart, is allowing that person to hold on to a piece of it. That's no way to move on with one's life.

So this is me, reclaiming my heart and making it whole again. Stitching it back up, gluing the smaller pieces back on, and polishing it up...so that when I love again, I hand the whole thing over, not just the majority of it.

All of it. Every bit.

No comments: