Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Quickie updates.

Local time: Sunday, 1 August,  8:20 AM.

I have not blogged in an unforgivable amount of time. Forgive me!! I plan on going off on a rant on here, but I figured I'll save that for the next post, and use this one to update you.

The meds they have me on for my narcolepsy are AWESOME. They keep me awake and focused for HOURS. Win.

Fiance got a job!! He's on base working nights, yay!! I like him so much better when he isn't around 24/7, ha ha. (Baby, if you're reading this, I love you!)

My parents got the CUTEST little kitten, a snow leopard kitten. Google them. These cats, coming in different colors (theirs is white with gray spots, and named Bagheera), are the fourth-generation-and-on results of the small, wild Asian Leopard being bred with the domestic house cat, resulting in the gorgeous wild looks and the lovable and playful domestic temperament. They're INSANELY expensive, but my parents got theirs comparably cheap from a show breeder because the white color isn't as popular as the darker colors. I'll post more later and share pictures. I WANT ONE.

The Sister has returned from her semester in Peru. She loved every minute of it and did not want to leave EVER. She got to visit Macchu Picchu (sp? help me out Trish) twice, and also got to fly over the Nazca Lines - - again, hit up the Googles. She was incredibly lucky and very grateful for the experience.

Weight Watchers was a partial success, and I say "partial" because I haven't attained my final weight goal. I did, however, lose the 14 lbs that I had gained over the holidays. I feel healthier than I have in months and months, and I can fit my clothes again. I've decided to take a break from the stricter aspects of the diet, though I'm still making sure to get in plenty of fiber and water and other good stuff.

My best friend, Dee, had her baby boy. He was born July 15th, and he's beautiful. I'm so happy for you, Dee!!

The Sister came to visit me last week upon her return from the Southern Hemisphere. She flew in Thursday and was here till this past Tuesday. We tanned at the pool, and spent our Sunday at Cahokia Mounds (almost killed myself on Monk's Mound) and then finished up the afternoon with a drive down the Meeting of the Great Rivers Scenic Byway.

And now I am in South Korea...but we'll save that for the next post.

No comments: