Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

A silence so thick you could cut it in slices and serve it with coffee.

After the morning's initial mayhem, my inbox traffic came to a screeching halt at 1134 CST. So, I've been browsing mainstream media news links, perusing friends' blogs, and thinking too much about the orders that Rich discovered he had this morning for Biloxi.

Honestly, I don't know what to think, what to say. I mean, we've discussed hypothetical situations involving his hypothetical reenlistment and his hypothetical base-of-preference. I told him that whatever decisions he made, I would support him. I'm not breaking up with him just because he's at another base.

The situation is no longer hypothetical. It's "real world," so to speak. I'll still stand by him if he decides to take the orders and re-enlist. But it's not gonna be easy. I've never been one for long-distance relationships. In my experience, they usually don't work out for the best. But if I walk away from this, I know without a shadow of doubt that it would be the stupidest thing I could ever do.

All these scenarios keep flying through my head, but imagining them and actually stating our intentions for where this relationship is gonna go are two different things. I haven't heard a word from him since he dropped the bomb. It's frustrating, nerve-wracking.

Ugh. I need a pint.

No comments: