Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Come on, kids, play nice.

I hate being caught in the middle. I hate having to defend people to others. I cannot make anyone see someone the way I see them, they have to be able to see it for themselves.

It kills me when the person I love most in the world alienates the other people that I love. This person doesn't do it deliberately by any means, it's just that no one understands his sense of humor. It is unfortunate that this person has a "my way or the highway" mentality, but what I love about him is that he's himself no matter what anyone thinks. He does not allow anyone's attitudes to dictate what he does, what he likes, how he thinks and feels. I just wish my friends could look past his attitude to see this about him, because this is something he has in common with all of them.

None of my real friends give me a hard time about my relationship with this person, and they never say anything negative, which I am grateful for. Those who have in the past have been pruned from my life, because I won't stand for it. And I would never allow this person to say anything negative about my friends, but I wish they could all see each other from different perspectives and play nice.

No comments: