Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Crazy wedding dream.

Another wedding dream. This time, though, my second cousin Frances was getting married. And here in my state, for some odd reason. So I showed a little early at the location, and she was sitting there in a pretty white dress with a red sash. It's been years since I've seen her, but we greeted each other as if no time has passed. Then I said hello to another second cousin and Frances' cousin, Zulmarie (who just got married herself, as a matter of fact). Zulmarie asked me when I got in, and I said, "Oh, I live here." She and another nosy woman expressed surprise that I would willingly subject myself to living in the Midwest of all places. The nosy woman even expressed disdain, the hag. I think, in the dream, I wanted to slap her.

I still remember the surprise I felt when I found out I had orders to this base. My dream sheet had all east coast bases: Ft Meade, Andrews, Bolling, McGuire, Seymour-Johnson, Pope, MacDill, and Patrick. I had no illusions that the Air Force would take my wishes into consideration, but I held out hope. And then I saw my base listed on the personnel site. I called my dad and asked him where the hell it was, and he told me Midwestern State. I was shocked. And irritated. My dad made some calls, and said that a friend of his could get me orders to Georgia instead. But I decided to take my chances out here, after almost swapping out for Grand Forks, North Dakota, to follow some boy after breaking off my engagement (yeah, I was young and naive; tech school does that to you).

I certainly am glad I came here. I wouldn't have met Rich otherwise.

No comments: